50 then 60 then 70. Holy hell if there isn’t a better reason to celebrate the sunshine than with a rooftop party.
It’s been a busy week, which put a hold on any useless drivel I would have written. Well, I have a couple minutes today to write useless drivel so happy days again.
I envied Caribbeans these last few months, savoring the sunshine, which permitted them to go into the water without fear of frostbite or pneumonia. I’ve been trapped indoors for most of this season’s run, bitching about the cold, teetering between suicidal tendencies and mania. One shouldn’t require a handle of liquor to medicate their blues.
Well that’s all over now. Thank you.
On to the next. Spring is here and — bam — just happens that I’m DJing on the eve of winter’s last bloody stand. Hopefully I’ll see you there?
Angels and Kings
500 East 11th St.
btn A and B
I’m continuing forth with my indie and rock and roll remixes — but it’s only because the girls look so cute dancing together beneath the disco ball. Here’s what I’m playing tomorrow night:
- Does It Offend You, Yeah? “Dawn of the Dead (Station X Remix) (I love the original but played it out. Finding remixes like this one helps with ear fatigue.)
- Coldplay “Viva La Vida (Thin White Duke Remix)” (It’s for the kids in the back who are sitting down and need “something they can dance to” — bleh!)
- Editors “Munich” (Paul Van Dyk loves this song so much that he put it on his top 10 list. Hey! Me too!!!)
- Erik Hassle “Hurtful (Penguin Prison Remix)” (A little soulful. A little funky. A little electro. A lot of good.)
- Joy Division “Control (D. Ramirez Remix) (<—What?! This is the best remix of any JD song I’ve heard. Completely respectful and current.)
- Gossip “Yr Mangled Heart” (What’s a night at AK without Gossip?)
- Duran Duran “Girls on Film (Night Version)” (I have no idea what “Night Version” means but I dig this lots)
- Lykke “Breaking It Up (Punks Jump Up Remix)” (This is truly a jumpy little number.)
- Creedence Clearwater Revival “Fortunate Son (Bird Peterson Remix)” (Hard to find a good remix of this song. I think I found it finally.)
- David Bowie “Rebel Rebel (Soulwax Re-Edit)” (Just take a guess about how good this is. Go ahead. Guess.)